Wednesday 19 June 2019

From Andrew: News of an upcoming Wedding...mine!

 
  
(Our E.F. Betrothal (engagement) ceremony; June 9th 2018)


I am writing to share some happy news with you. This past year and a half has been very eventful for me, encompassing both sadness and joy. I have become engaged to Stephanie Hogan (that's us in the picture above) which is a joy; embarked upon a new career, which is a challenge, and recently relocated to the South of England, 300+ miles away from family and friends, which has brought some sadness.  Still, it has reminded me of how much love an affection I have enjoyed during my life -and am still privileged to have. It is sad that many of my friends and family are unable to join us for the wedding due to the distance, but I know they hold us in their hearts and prayers, and I look forward to celebrating the Holy Sacrifice with them all in Durham a fortnight after the wedding (post honeymoon!)

On the topic of 'joining us'...I extend an invitation to both Masses: our Nuptial Mass and the Mass in Durham for our intentions. While every Mass is a public event, Stephanie and I warmly invite you to join us. For those who are unable to attend the wedding, the parish live-streams all its Masses so here is where you can join us on-line:  https://www.bournemouthoratory.org.uk/live-feed/

The details of our wedding are below. We humbly ask your prayers for our needs and intentions, and for our loved ones both near and far. We shall be praying for you too, that the Lord will sanctify us all and lead us all to the eternal enjoyment of the Beatific Vision.






Nuptial Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form
Saturday 22nd June 2019 at 2:30pm
at the Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart,
Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, BH1 1BZ


Sung Mass in the Extraordinary Form
Followed by a small buffet
Saturday 6th July 2019 at 12 noon
at Sacred Heart and English Martyrs Catholic Church,
Dunelm Road, Thornley, County Durham, DH6 3HA

6 comments:

  1. I pray that God will bless you both in your life together, and all the little ones that come along! May God bless you with happiness, health and holiness today, and in all the days to come.
    You will be getting by snail-mail a copy of the homily I used to give at weddings, which you should know almost by heart, but it will be more meaningful to you now. Sorry I won't be with you on the wedding day or in Durham, but my prayers will be.GB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Father. I will be forever grateful for your support and prayers. Had it not been for you I would never have gone to the event at which I first heard about Stephanie, or the event at which I met her face to face...

      I am looking forward to receiving the homily notes; it's a long time since those days in Thornley so it will be good to remember how you approached weddings. I'm sure you know I will miss you on both our own wedding day (which I'd always thought you would be celebrating for me) and the Thornley Mass, but I understand how much your chronic health problems impact upon every aspect of your daily life.

      Many many thanks again to you for collaborating on our Order of Service - we are both truly grateful for your support (and for those tasty biscuits last time we were in Newcastle!).

      Delete
  2. Our most sincere good wishes for your nuptials & your future life. Having been so lucky in finding love for a second time, after the untimely death of Margaret, Theresa & I know what it is to have a soul mate to help each other through life. We hope to be with you both at Thornley in July & trust that your trip to Rome brings many blessings.
    Quite separately; we have recently come into contact with the mother of a recently ordained Oratorian whose ordination was carried out by Bishop Robert Byrne our newly appointed diocesan bishop. His ordination pictures were on the same site as you mention as he was ordained in Bournemouth. He is Fr Wagstaff & his mother is Alison. Should you meet up with hime please pass on our congratulations & promise of prayers. God Bless you both. Ad multos annos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many Congratulations to the happy couple.

    Reading David O'Neill's comment - it is a small world as I was delighted to be present at Andrew's Ordination on June 8th at the Bournemouth Oratory. What a beautiful church and a truly wonderful ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. I just want to point out to readers that the Andrew who was ordained is not the same Andrew who was married today...just in case anyone thought otherwise.
    God Bless Pelerin.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment using a pseudonym, not as 'anonymous'.
If you challenge the Magisterium, please do so respectfully.
We reserve the right to delete from comments any inflammatory remarks.
If we do not reply to your comment it is through lack of time rather than interest.