Tuesday 19 August 2014

Mgr Ged Lavender RIP

Father Lavender was my parish priest for a short while after he left the navy as principal Chaplain. I experienced him as a physically imposing, yet gentle-spoken, stable guy not given to playing around with the Church’s teaching; a priest who loved his priesthood and the people of God. He was not a supporter of the TLM but he celebrated the Novus Ordo prayerfully and with respect.  

Mgr died recently and his Requiem Mass was offered today (Monday) at a time I was picking up a friend from abroad. Sadly, the reception of his body into Church took place last night at a time when I could not make it because of my evening Mass. This was one of those funerals I was very eager to attend and I am very disappointed not to have been there. Needless to say, I will be celebrating Mass for him, but I wish I could have been there to show my respect for the man and offer his soul my prayerful support.

May the angels lead him into paradise.
Eternal rest give unto him O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen 

2 comments:

Please comment using a pseudonym, not as 'anonymous'.
If you challenge the Magisterium, please do so respectfully.
We reserve the right to delete from comments any inflammatory remarks.
If we do not reply to your comment it is through lack of time rather than interest.